- A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
- The toungue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouth of the fool gushes folly.
- The eyes of the LORD are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
- The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.
- A fool spurns his father's discipline, but whoever heeds correction shows prudence.
Balance is the key to life, isn't it? It certainly makes it easier, for sure. Remember that we are here on earth for a time, not forever. What impact or legacy are we leaving? I was thinking about this today, as a result of the strange mood I found myself in. It made me think of curbing habits. We develop habits in 21 days, so it is said. It takes a lot longer to unlearn a habit. I've been there. I know that. Being kind and using positive language and encouragement and healing is not easy if it is not practiced.
This is learned behavior. Let's try to make a new habit of using our tongues for great outcomes! Only engage it once the plan is set and the outcomes have been assessed. There is the challenge...knowing the result of the words you utter before you send them on their way. Not so easy at all. We must engage our intuition and our critical thinking skills...yes, we must learn at every age!
Are you with me? I'm ready for a new habit of waiting to speak until I am ready for the consequences. Thanks, mom! The gentle word, the encouraging word and the healing word were often coming from her tongue to my ears. I am so deeply blessed! Oh, and say it with a smile - it will be received a little easier.
God bless you, dear friends!